Wednesday, August 4, 2010

God Bless America

Well peeps. The time here on my internship is running down. Today was my last official construction work day. It will be hard to go home after meeting some great people here but I am definetly looking forward to seeing you all. I was walking down the street today and one kid yelled my name from a moving car and then I recieved a hug from another. I mean, at this point im pretty much a local celebrity around here. I guess being one of 2 white guys in town has its advantages. So anyways. Done with the mushy stuff.

So like I have previously mentioned, today was my last work day. It was a tough one at that as well. I was down in the pit the whole day and the weather was taking its tole on me. Lets just say. I was hotter than lance bass at a ricky martin concert. We moved to forms up the previous day and poured the second stage of our wall today. The canadian group is great and they arent as big of hosers as I thought they would be initially. Having said that, if I hear one more thing about the Edmonton Oilers someones going to end up with a horse head in their bed....courtesy of Clarise of course. I have also decided that my machete needs to come home with me. I was thinking it may not be worth the hastle trying to get it in the country but having thought about it...I dont think anyone will care. I mean the thing is completely rusted and isnt even sharp enough to cut warm butter. I mean grandpa dick would have an absolute fit using this knife.

So I also hate to say it but I forgot my camera back at my place so the photos will be on hold another day. Going on the free day tomorrow I will have a chance to take some good pics anyways so it will prolly be twice as good.

Im out homies

Love

matt

Interesting Fact: recently we have found a huge sea cucumber population out in the bay. Pretty much it looks like a lot of people went number 2 in the water. This is twice as bad because the canadians are 5 times more excited to take an aqua dump.....God Bless America

2 comments:

  1. When will you be back in Wisco? Brian & I would like to get together with you & Katie before school starts back up.
    Love,
    Bricole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be back in sconnie nation the 8th. Then on vacation for the next 2 weeks or so. Anything after the 21st is cool

    ReplyDelete