Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tuesday

WARNING: PINE RIDGE RESIDENTS THE UNKNOWN OBJECT THAT YOU ARE SEEING IS KNOWN AS THE SUN. DO NOT BE AFRAID. IT WILL NOT HURT YOU, IT ONLY WILL BURN YOU IF YOU ARE OUTSIDE FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME...WHICH YOU PROBABLY WILL BE BECAUSE YOUR LOOKING AT THE SUN...WHICH WE HAVE NOT SEEN IN 6 DAYS. THANK YOU.

So if you didnt understand the previous warning message I am happy to tell you that today was sunny all day and we had a high of 82 degrees. Tommorrow is forecasted to thunderstorm all day but lets not get to carried away here. Today is beautiful no matter what tommorrow brings. There was one mishap that happened today however. If you have been following my past posts you would know that the war between Matt Natzke and the Fire Ants was heavily in my favor at a casualty ratio of 0 to 1543843. Well today the ants struck and they struck hard. While watching them kill a cricket (Which is like 3 inches big..They have HUGE Crickets over here) and eat a french fry (Which was provided by myself) a roge ant treked his way up my boot and took a snack break right on my ankle. It stung pretty good and this act of treason upon my peace treaty of fries led to an annihilation of a couple hundred more ants. For those of you keeping track this moved the death ratio to 1544239 Ants to .000001 Matt Natzke.

Today I was out all day taking measurements for jobs and getting information from families for bios we like to type up for the students when they arrive. I did get a little burnt today (because it was sunny) but do not fear mother I did wear sun tan lotion. ( I was the only 1) We are making very good process on projects and should be in good shape for when the students arrive sunday.

Yesterday was also eventful by the fact that we got our Ford F150 stuck in the mud going to a jobsite. The soil out here is none like anything I have seen in wisconsin. The soil here is very silty and contains a lot of clay. The locals call it Gumbo. It is very hard to drive in but regardless it took us abour 1 hour in a constant downpour to get our truck out. We were finally successful upon getting a tow by a nearby resident.

I dont know if you know this but its sunny today.

Other than that not much is new. Final preperations are getting put in place and please keep hoping and praying everything goes somewhat smoothly.

Thanks again sorry for no recent posts but I have been a little busy here around camp.

Love

Matt

Interesting Fact: The dog we call jack is actually named Fur Ball. Hes the compounds group dog around here. I havnt quite decided whether to call him Furball, Jack or I was thinking about just calling him leanord.

Interesting Fact: Upon telling a women named Luciel what we were doing to her house. She grabbed my face and told me she loved me. Then she said she wanted me to meat her good looking daughters.....HAha Sorry Katie.

3 comments:

  1. If it helps any, its been raining just about everyday here too. Marcy will be passing by in a Badger Coach bus. Hmmm, well I guess that isn't right, she'll be in North Dakota. Look north my friend.

    Anyway, all is well here. We are growing a 4 ft pumpkin. I plan to give it lots of fertilizer so hopefully it will grow bigger. I'll pray that things go smoothly on your end; you pray for my pumpkin.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of your best efforts...Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi. im a long time reader, first time commenter.

    ReplyDelete