WHAT UP PARTY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope you are all doing good this evening/morning....probably morning. Today was a very interesting day and I can not wait to talk to you about it. Sooooo here we go.
Last night there was a married couple that came in to lead a mission trip that is going to be here for the next 10 days. We spent last night doing questions and answers with them and they sound like they will be a handful to deal with. This morning we sat around for about 3 hours waiting for the happy couple to show up and finally they did. They also wasted more of our time later in the day. We wasted about 4 hours today on them so they could figure out all the small things that they couldnt listen to us for a 5 minutes to figure out everything. Like Pine Ridge, they may be looking for a Mr. Natzke butt whooping. Overall this week has been going really well and we are looking forward to having the kids arrive on Sunday.
Some of the projects we will be undertaking this month are tiling 6 cabins (384 sf ea), painting the porches, and pouring concrete box for a huge rain water systern for the Camp Bahamas complex. These projects should be awesome for our experience and the kids overall.
One thing I have to say is if you do not like seafood you would be nutso if you lived down here for more than 2 weeks....Sorry Katie. Today I had a tuna sandwhich and conch chowder. The night before that we had fish fry and tuna for lunch. Its nuts down here. I feel like im a shark or somthing. If I have to put anymore fish inside me I may go change my middle name to Fish Tank.
So I also went in the drink today. And by drink I mean the ocean which is the fourth day straight. This time was a little different however......and by that I mean we went swimming with a overweight black Bahamain kid named Micheal and his 4 friends. What you may not know is that Micheal decided to go swimming today with beefstick and string cheese. This was very interesting because I couldnt believe and body wanted more salt with a beef stick but apparently slat water is a good match. What made the situation even more interesting is that we were being attacked by about 20 gulls. Micheal didnt seem to care but he was barely above water...I was dodging poop like I was dodging tomatos at a Adam Lambet concert. Good Grief. Also Micheal likes to go swimming fully clothed but I think a lot of people do that around here. Although the interesting fact was that Micheal swam with his socks on. I hate wearing wet sock let alone swimming in them. (Lebron just joined the heat) Plus to make his mom probably even more furious his white socks were almost black. As his close friends say...Micheal Your Socks Look Like A Nightmare.
So thats about it for the day. Hope you all enjoyed everything.
Love
Matt.
Interesting Fact: Yesterday we saw a Sting Ray while swimming. He was about 4 feet wide...He didnt come near me however. I think he was scared of the brown water....
Matt, this maybe somewhat inappropriate for here but I just want to say "I love you" Thanks for the smiles.
ReplyDeletetake care
Sounds completely appropriate to me
ReplyDelete